Corvus Guitar Works is the data controller for pages starting with corvusguitarworks.com. Where these pages link out to external resources, their own privacy policies will apply. These are managed separately by each service provider.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact corvusguitarworks.com
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use corvusguitarworks.com.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on corvusguitarworks.com
- how long you spend on each corvusguitarworks.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of corvusguitarworks.com. The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary to perform a task in the public interest.
What we do with your data
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law, for example by court order or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for 2 years. We will delete access log data after 30 days.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA, but this cannot be used to personally identify you.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with corvusguitarworks.com.
Links to other websites
corvusguitarworks.com may contain links to other websites.
Changes to this policy
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact Corvus Guitar Works if you have a question about anything in this privacy notice, or think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled using this form.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com
Corvus Guitar Works